I wonder if I took as much thought about my day as I did on the very last day of the year...would my days be different? Would they be filled with more purpose or intentionality?
My mind is bombarded with question like:
How could I have navigated 2010 differently?
Did I handle the crisis' appropriately?
Was my response to dissapointment a positive or negative reflection on my thoughts about my God?
Did I make the most of every opportunity I was presented with?
Did I share my faith enough? And what does the word "enough" mean? Seriously, when did my thinking on this get so distorted??? How can one share their faith "ENOUGH"??? It's not as if "enough" will get me a prize, earn me a spot on the A-list, or even allow me to finish well. "Enough" is minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day...my ENTIRE life lived out before others reflecting my creator; you know, the one we welcomed at Christmas time born in a manger to save the world. "Enough" is faulty thinking and there will be none of that in 2011...well, at least I'm gonna make a concientious effort to put enough by the wayside.
Did I invest in things that I feel passionate about? Well, I did take a few trips this year...and while I am in love with getting stamps in my passport, my trip this year had significant purpose. I traveled to Haiti with a group from my church to just love on some kids. Sounds easy right? I have never been more exhausted or fulfilled in my life. And while we went with a "purpose", we came back having been a part of something so much greater. Those kids taught us about true love, simple love. It wasn't about doing something for each other..it was about being. Pure and simple...a high five, a game of soccer, singing songs under the mango tree, letting them touch, braid and put vaseline in my hair, cuddling up in my arms and taking a nap on a hot and humid afternoon. I will probably never see these faces again...but I will be there with open arms looking for them in Heaven!
My mind is bombarded with question like:
How could I have navigated 2010 differently?
Did I handle the crisis' appropriately?
Was my response to dissapointment a positive or negative reflection on my thoughts about my God?
Did I make the most of every opportunity I was presented with?
Did I share my faith enough? And what does the word "enough" mean? Seriously, when did my thinking on this get so distorted??? How can one share their faith "ENOUGH"??? It's not as if "enough" will get me a prize, earn me a spot on the A-list, or even allow me to finish well. "Enough" is minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day...my ENTIRE life lived out before others reflecting my creator; you know, the one we welcomed at Christmas time born in a manger to save the world. "Enough" is faulty thinking and there will be none of that in 2011...well, at least I'm gonna make a concientious effort to put enough by the wayside.
Did I invest in things that I feel passionate about? Well, I did take a few trips this year...and while I am in love with getting stamps in my passport, my trip this year had significant purpose. I traveled to Haiti with a group from my church to just love on some kids. Sounds easy right? I have never been more exhausted or fulfilled in my life. And while we went with a "purpose", we came back having been a part of something so much greater. Those kids taught us about true love, simple love. It wasn't about doing something for each other..it was about being. Pure and simple...a high five, a game of soccer, singing songs under the mango tree, letting them touch, braid and put vaseline in my hair, cuddling up in my arms and taking a nap on a hot and humid afternoon. I will probably never see these faces again...but I will be there with open arms looking for them in Heaven!



No comments:
Post a Comment