Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Admitting defeat...

I'm boldly admitting defeat! Raise the white flag and wave it as a banner for all to see...I need help & I can't stand it any longer. Not one more day to pass, one my hour or second to regret. Not one more day mentally beating myself up because I'm not "superwoman" and can't seem to "keep all the balls juggling" or hold it together. My classroom is a disorganized mess and I can't take it any longer!

Here's my faulty thinking:
Internally I say to myself, "I know where everything is...each paper has a place in a specific stack" and if I were to be asked to locate something I would know exactly where to look. It's my controlled clutter. But in all actuality: I hate looking at it. I hate everything about it! It's not an inviting environment to work in and it keeps me frustrated and frazzled on the inside. Falling prey to the routine negative thoughts towards myself, day in and day out...like a bully who taunts his victim.

So I've enlisted help! (she doesn't judge me)

My dear friend Michelle, & teacher helper, has mad skills when it comes to organizing! You should see her room! And while it may sound like I'm struggling with jealousy, hear my heart when I say, "I'm weary of hiding behind the stacks of paper and "controlled" chaos."

I want O-R-D-E-R!!!!!

Stay tuned for pics in the near future...Operation "transformation" is in progress! And hopefully *yep, there is still hope!* this will start me on a search for healthier organization skills, less internal self battery, and an over all healthier well-being and perspective!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome- good for you! I can definitely relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate!! My home office is a chaotic unorganized mess. I too want ORDER! Now I can breathe for a moment from recent projects, I plan on cleaning the mess up. I'll let you know how it goes. Looking forward to pictures of your progress.

    ReplyDelete